We’re the only dive shop to employ all local instructors–and we sponsor them from their Open Water to a professional instructing level. Go Local!
We are a community and reef-oriented dive resort that is proud to share our love of Utila and its ecology with tourists and locals alike. As community supporters we:
- Have our own local baseball team, The Bulldogs.
- Support the local children’s baseball league.
- Sponsor the Football team The Bahias,winners of 2011 Championship.
- Provide free Emergency First Response courses to teachers at the local schools.
- Have certified more than two dozen local youths last year alone(supporting them above and below the water).
- Have organised beach cleanups.
- Personally mentored many young Utilians to become dive professionals.
- Organize the THANKSGIVING dinner for the elderly of the island at the Methodist annex every year.
- Actively organise fund raisers for local projects.
- Prepare and coordinate all events during the SUNJAM Festival.